The process of anointing the body from head to toe with warm oil is one of the most comforting and soothing treatments you can give to your body. Oiling of the body should be done daily according to Ayurveda and it can be done by anyone. There are also experienced masseurs who can perform a wide variety of oil massages including face massage, head massage and whole body massage (Abhyanga).
The benefits of oil massages are as follows:
- Nourishes the entire body—decreases the effects of aging
- Imparts muscle tone and vigor to the dhatus (tissues) of the body
- Imparts a firmness to the limbs
- Lubricates the joints
- Increases circulation
- Stimulates the internal organs of the body
- Assists in elimination of impurities from the body
- Moves the lymph, aiding in detoxification
- Increases stamina
- Calms the nerves
- Benefits sleep—better, deeper sleep
- Enhances vision
- Makes hair (scalp) grow luxuriantly, thick, soft and glossy
- Softens and smooths skin; wrinkles are reduced and often disappear
- Pacifies Vata and Pitta and stimulates Kapha
Organic Ayurvedic Treatment Offerings:
Abhyanga (Detox your full body): (75 Mins. – $130-) (90 mins. – $145) * includes steam therapy
Oiling your body continuously according to Ayurveda is the best way to prevent, heal, remove accumulated toxins and rejuvenate your body.
Using therapeutics organic oils infused with healing herbs will bring a sense of deep relaxation and healing to your body, mind and soul. Abhyanga incorporates an aromatic combination of oils prepared with herbs warmed and blended to your “Dosha type” to restore the flow of vital energy, Prana, where it has become blocked.
Some of the befits are:
- Remove toxins accumulated in your body (ama)
- Improve the circulation of the whole body
- Tone up and strength the muscles
- Promotes a better quality of sleep
- Lubricates the joints/bones
- Improves digestion (agni)
- Excellent way to reduce vata in your body
- Builds stamina
*Ayurvedic massage therapy is not only a muscle therapy, this approach is aimed at healing on a cellular level. Warm oils deeply penetrate cells and release physical, mental and spiritual toxins, therefore it is detoxifying as well as healing on a cellular level. Stress is removed from its origin which promotes self healing of the cells.
Basti Therapies: (30 mins. – $65-) *Infromat Therapy additional $25
A therapeutic Ayurveda technique for reducing pain, relieving tension and nourishing the nerves/joints. These conditions are typically brought on by excess of air or vata in our bodies.
A dough ring filled with warm Ayurvedic herbal organic infused oil will cover the effected part of the body.
This therapy can be done on the spine, upper/ lower back, neck, chest, knee and belly.
- Problems of sciatica
- Low back pain
- Slipped disc
- Cervical spondylitis
- Painful neck
- Painful conditions in the knee joint or cracking sounds
- Swelling and stiffness of the joints
- Relieves digestive symptoms such as irritable bowel, constipation and abdominal discomfort
- Strengthens the Agni (digestion) facilitating the release of the undigested emotions connecting with our third chakra
Karna Purana Therapy (Ayurvedic Ear Oiling Therapy): (30 mins – $50)
Ear Therapy is an Ayurvedic process of healing ear problems with herbal oils. We begin your therapy with a vibrant head and neck healing Oil Application Therapy . This is followed by a gentle nurturing warm steam to the ears.
In this therapy, the ears are lightly massages, a warm steam towel is applied and few drops of Ayurvedic oil (at room temperature) are poured into ears. Once the cavity of the ear is completely occupied with the oil, the person is requested to rest in the position to allow the oil be properly absorbed.
This therapy is highly recommended for those who use mobile phones continuously and people exposed to high levels of noise and air pollution.
Benefits of Karna Purana:
- Reduces itching, dryness, and ringing in the ear
- Effective for loss of hearing and reducing frequent ear infections
- Opens up the sinus region, reducing head colds and allergy symptoms
- Acts against the ill effects of air and noise pollution
- Reduces impact of wax, mucus and accumulated candida (yeast)
- Enhances the sense of hearing
- Soothes Vata imbalance in the ears
- Helps with Tinnitus, ringing in the ears, Vertigo, an ear congestion
- Softens face and jaw tension, TMJ
Marma Point Massage & Manipulation (45 minutes $90) Infromat Therapy additional $25
Marma is a Sanskrit word meaning hidden , or secret. By definition, a marma point is a juncture on the body where two or more types of tissue meet, such as muscles, veins, ligaments, bones or joints. Yet marma points are much more than a casual connection of tissue and fluids; they are intersections of the vital life force and prana, or breath.
The idea behind massaging the marma points is to cleanse blocked energy, also called chi, by either arousing or calming the doshas. Like a television with three channels, each marma point has three receptors that align with the three doshas. During a marma-point massage, the points are stroked in a deliberate sequence using specific oils.
In all, 107 marma points cover the human body. They range in size from one to six inches in diameter. The points were mapped out in detail centuries ago in the Sushruta Samhita, a classic Ayurvedic text. Major marma points correspond to the seven chakras, or energy centers of the body, while minor points radiate out along the torso and limbs. The points cover both the front and back body, including 22 on the lower extremities, 22 on the arms, 12 on the chest and stomach, 14 on the back, and 37 on the head and neck. (The mind is considered the 108th marma.) Each has its own Sanskrit name given by Sushruta, one of the founding fathers of Ayurvedic medicine.
Mukha Abhyanga (Face Massage): (60 mins – $85) Infromat Therapy additional $25
This classical method of facial massage and detoxification, which is done, using organic, infused herbal creams and oils individualized depending on your body type. The massage component focuses on stimulating the marma points of the face, neck and shoulders, which reinvigorates the tissues, tones and refreshes the senses.
This therapy combines with face herbal steam therapy and application of herbal facemask according to body type and skin type. This is a deeply relaxing and revitalizing therapy, which improves the tone and luster of skin, for a greater benefit combine this treatment with Ayurvedic head massage.
Nasya (Nasal & Sinus Therapy): Includes Steam Therapy & Detoxifying Face Massage (45 mins. – $75-) Infromat Therapy additional $25
The nose and sinus is the doorway to your brain, how the prana (vital energy) enters into your body, with every breath, accessing the door of the eternal consciousness. A healthy and uncongested sinus it is important for the proper flow of energy to your whole body.
The use of herbal organic infused oil, accompanied by a gentle face massage will help your body to remove toxins built up in the sinus.
- Migraines or headaches
- Improving the quality of the voice
- Strengthening the vision and promoting mental clarity
- Dryness of the nose
- Facial paralysis
- Preserving the health of the whole head
- Nourishing the sense organs
Netra Basti (Eye Rejuvenation Therapy): (30 minutes – $45)(Series of 7 – $250)
A rejuvenating Ayurvedic treatment for protecting and improving your vision.
Nourishing your eyes with medicated ghee will nourish the deep tissues of your eyes, bringing clarity to your vision and lightness to your eyes.
Some of the benefits are:
- Prevent or reverse cataract
- Helps blurring of vision
- Stiffness and roughness of the eyes
- Glaucoma, pain in the eye and decreased secretion of lacrimal fluid
- Nourishing for tired, dry, rough and injured eye
Shiro & Padabhyanga (Head & foot massage): (60 mins – $85)
Our head and feet have many powerful energy points connected to the brain, as well as, the rest of our body. Massaging your head and feet with organic herbal oils will invoke relaxation, healing and rejuvenation for your body, mind & soul. Increasing your vitality and sense of stability while grounding your energy body.
This treatment will allow your body to release tension, strengthen the nervous system, improve circulation, increase your energy circulation (prana), and nourish/support the brains chemistry & hormones.
These therapies can be done individually and are often included with other therapies, they can be added to any treatment.
Shirodhara (3rd Eye Therapy): “Our most popular therapy”
(60 mins. Includes Head, Neck Massage) $130
One of the most beautiful and healing treatments in Ayurveda, it maintains and brings balance to your body, mind and soul connecting them in a space of deep relaxation and nourishment. Effective for increasing your intuition, memory, mental clarity and retaining power.
Shirodhara will also relax your whole nervous system, reducing stress levels and anxiety, powerful for insomnia, good for relief of any pain in the upper body; prevents falling, graying and cracking hair. Shirodhara also stimulates your third eye or six chakra and your whole energy body.
“Shiro,” means head, and “dhara” is the continuous flow of a liquid. In this process, herbal infused warm herbal oils, milk or buttermilk, are poured in a slow steady stream over your forehead.